Monday, April 14, 2008

Remodeling, Frugality and My Shrinking Bank Account

How come the only thing that seems to ever get smaller around here is my bank account? The mess, my butt, the suprising amount of junk in my mail box each day. Huge. My checking account, not so much.

I used to never worry about money, and I mean NEVER. Drove Hubs nuts. Now I can't sleep at night and get sick to my stomach just thinking about how we are going to pay for this or that. Its not like we are destiute or anything, I guess I am just afraid we are going to be.

Like the saying goes

" to whom much is given, much is expected" or " Mo Money, Mo Problems." (yeah thats how it goes...)


Everything is just so much more expensive now. Gas, Milk, Shampoo. I don't know about clothing, since its be FOREVER since I have bought any. Since I have been going to school I don't have the time or energy to shop. Plus I am convinced I don't have the money either. We will need that $5 for something else, so I'll wear undies without elastic. Makes it easier to use the bathroom. I don't have to pull them down.

Plus we are in the process of remodeling. The kitchen and dining room flooring is almost in. Hubs has done ALL the work on laying the tile and such and it is PRETTY. Terra Cotta tiles, expensive, and a pain in the arse. But Oh-So-Pretty!

I didn't actually KNOW we were replacing the flooring but Hubs and I went on a date saturday night and landed at Home Depot. Romantic, no. But He's married to a woman that would wonder around Home Depot for freaking HOURS if he would let me. Always best if I leave the check book at home. We were actually supposed to be pricing building supplies for the new bedroom we are adding on to our house.

I ended up drooling over tile. He ended laying tile all yesterday. With any home improvements my house is now in such a disarray, I am fear I can't even find my good underwear. The ones with the elastic still attached to one side.

4 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I've always been in charge of the $$$, however I think more now than ever... EVERYONE is wondering when the insanity will end. It's not even summer yet the the price of gas is outrageous.

It might be a wise idea to get a horse. The cost of food may far outweigh the price of gas. MY LUCK; the horse would die.

Awww, things are never simple, are they?!?

Unknown said...

So do we get to see the pretty and expensive tile? Smiles!

Oh, and I had to force myself to part with my old, no-elastic having panties because there were more of them than not! Smiles!

White Hot Magik said...

I am glad I am not the only one wearing ratty underwear. I acutally agonized after buying some short sleeved shirts last week. All of mine had been stretched to oblivion or have holes in the boobs. (How does that happen?/?) I spend $14 on two, and thought I shouldn't have spent that I should return them. My husband thought I was nuts. Apparently he would rather I only wore the holey boobed ones at home with him.

Unknown said...

My new blog design is up - thanks again for the prize! Smiles!